with the Ally Award
Baby360 is proud to recognize new nurses for excellence in patient care and leadership in the maternal and newborn fields.
What is the Ally Award?
The Baby360 Ally Award recognizes outstanding new nurses in maternal and newborn care for their achievements — and provides support for their continuing education.
Recipients of the Ally Award exemplify 4 key qualities that we value at Baby360:
- Trustworthiness: Builds trust with their colleagues and their patients through their everyday acts
- Helpfulness: Supports their team members and cares for their patients in a manner that stands above the crowd
- Knowledge: Stays current and vigilant with regards to best practices leading to improved outcomes for their patients
- Leadership: Exhibits the potential for a lasting career in the field and the initiative to improve the quality of their practice
Who is eligible for an Ally Award?
Ally Award nominees must:
- Be a current, unrestricted BSN actively practicing in the U.S. at the time of nomination
- Have 2 YEARS OR LESS of experience in maternal and newborn care
- Be nominated by a fellow health care professional
- Have a minimum education of a BSN but do not need to be certified
- Not currently hold a full membership to the Association of Women’s Health, Obstetrics, and Neonatal Nurses (AWHONN)
- Not be a previous recipient of the Ally Award
Why we focus on new nurses
One way we can help our clients continue to provide superior care is by showing our support for the nurses of the future. To help new nurses achieve their full potential, we’re sponsoring a 1-year Full Membership to the Association of Women’s Health, Obstetrics, and Neonatal Nurses (AWHONN) for each Ally Award recipient.
Benefits of an AWHONN membership include these (and more):
- Resources, tools, and clinical training on key topics
- Opportunities for networking and professional development
- Access to AWHONN’s Career Center and jobs board
- A monthly newsletter covering research and advances
Additionally, the recipient will receive a FREE registration to 1 of the following conferences:
- AWHONN Annual Convention
- AWHONN Texas Section State Conference
- Synova NICU Leadership Forum
- Synova Perinatal Leadership Forum
When is the Ally Award given?
The Ally Award is awarded to 1 nurse semiannually, for a total of 2 times each calendar year. Since acknowledgment from colleagues bolsters the confidence of new nurses, we invite health care providers to nominate a nurse who consistently demonstrates excellence in their practice.
Nominate a nurse
Spring nominations are now open. Nominations close May 31.